The playful, city-wide system that lets you talk to street objects.Deploy to your city
Hello Lamp Post #321
Good afternoon! Can you answer a question - what would be your super power and why?
Photosynthesis, so that eating would be purely for pleasure!
What is Hello Lamp Post?
We are a playful platform with a flexible and scalable system, inviting people to strike up conversations with familiar street objects using text messages or Facebook Messenger, encouraging people to look at the city with fresh eyes and see it as a playground.
By using the thousands of pre-existing identifier codes that label items of street objects across a whole city, people can have interesting, surprising and often funny conversations with particular objects, including (but not limited to) lamp posts, post boxes, bollards, manholes, bins or telegraph poles.How It Works
How It Works
Pick an Object
Look out for a street object.
Send a text in this format: “Hello” + Object Name + #Code e.g. “Hello Bin #B6291”.
You’ll soon get a reply. Answer the object’s questions and learn what other people have to say.
Our Role in Cities
- Enabling citizens to continuously engage on their priorities for their community
- Engagement and collaborative ideation around topics
- Promotion of local events and activities
- Sharing thoughts, opinions and planned initiatives with citizens
Way-finding & Storytelling
- City way-finding and information resource
- Engagement tool for specific ”campaigns”/initiatives
- Gamification deployments
Urban Planning Engagement
- Co-designing redevelopments and urban changes alongside citizens
- Gathering continuous input and feedback on planning applications
- Humanising cities
- Engagement on smart city initiatives
Culture & Tourism
- Way-finding and orientation around cultural points of interest
- History and stories behind landmarks and culture
- Story sharing between visitors, citizens and tourists
- Connecting tourists and reconnecting citizens with the city
Recently Featured On:
Excited and proud to be apart of Facebook's incubator programme LDN_LAB: Deep Tech for Good cohort!
Street objects have been waking up in cities around the world, engaging residents, tourists and communities.Get In Touch
Get In Touch
We are always happy to hear from you whether you’re looking for more info or to collaborate with us. Don't hesitate to drop us a message!