- Location: Remote, with occasional trips to our London Offices
- Terms: Full Time contract
This is a unique chance to join our small development team as we embark on a ground-up redesign of our system using Vue / Node.js. You would be engineering playful experiences for users, building dynamic data analytics for our customers and optimising our platform architecture. We can offer the right candidate rapid progression in a career path tailored to your interests. This role would report into our Lead Engineer and we’re open to applications of any level including graduates, but ideally you have at least 1-2 years engineering experience.
What is Hello Lamp Post 📣
Hello Lamp Post helps companies, services and governments make cities more people-centric by engaging with citizens at a hyper-local level in a fun and playful way. Our platform is a unique chat-based platform that can give a “voice” to any kind of place, space or street object (post boxes, park benches, parking meters and – of course – lamp posts).
Our backend aggregates the opinions that users have shared, and we turn these into insights for decision makers. Our clients choose us because we can expand their reach within the community, broaden the diversity of feedback, increase communication and decision making efficiency and improve community wellbeing.
Job Summary 💡
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and talented engineer to help shape our platform and products going forward, and improve our customer, user and team experience.
As an experienced member of a small but growing engineering team, you will play an immediate role in architectural, product and customer experience decisions across our application.
We are looking to grow quickly. We think this role is excellent for someone looking to bring their experience to a small but dynamic environment, and wants to help grow a development team.
- Working independently and collaboratively to build features
- Communicate, plan and implement architectural changes across our stack
- Work collaboratively with go-to-market and customer success teams
- Work independently and respond to briefs from technical and product leads
- Guide others on best practices, suggesting and maintaining high standards
- Represent the code and technical process whilst working with teams including product managers, designers and data
- Architect the code base with a long term view
- Experience working on backend or front end development
- If your experience so far has mainly been focussed on one more than the other then we would still strongly encourage you to apply
- Ideally at least 2 years experience working on a production codebase and as part of a team, but we’re open to applications from people of all levels of experience
- An understanding of Test Driven Development
- We’re relatively language agnostic, and believe the right person will have deep interest in programming and the attitude to adapt and learn as the product develops
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Relational databases like PostgresQL
- Some degree of familiarity with Node-based site generators such as Nuxt, Next, Vue-cli, Gatsby etc might be good
Salary & Benefits
- £ Competitive
- Gain experience and build a portfolio quickly by working on a broad and quickly changing range of projects
- The opportunity to help shape every aspect of a fast growing product from the ground up
- Work with experienced creative leaders who have a background in design
- Flexible hours optional
- Remote working optional
- Open and collaborative working culture
- Friendly and sociable team
- Company laptop of your choosing
….we’d love to hear from you if you like the sound of any of the above.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV to 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org