This website, located at hellolamppost.co.uk, is operated by HELLO LAMP POST LIMITED registered in England with registration number 11249234 whose registered office is at:
Hello Lamp Post Limited, 23 Shackleton Court, 2 Maritime Quay, London, United Kingdom, E14 3QF
Codes can be found around the city that are normally used to identify public objects for maintenance and monitoring. With Hello Lamp Post we use these codes and others, as identifiers in a city wide network of objects. These codes allow you to ‘chat’ to an object, learn what other people have been saying, find out local information and answer questions from the object. Each exchange will last for a few messages and you will be encouraged to come back and talk to the object some more another day. The more you play, the more the hidden and local information from the city will be revealed. Objects might even start to get attached to you if you talk to them a lot. The only information we share is the responses you give to objects. These can be thought of as public conversations, comparable with those on twitter. They may be shown via sms or on the website or occasionally anonymously in print. We will never show your name, phone number or any other data about you.
Please read these Terms carefully as they are a legally binding agreement and contain important information on your legal rights and obligations. In particular please note the sections entitled Disclaimer, Limitation of liability and Indemnity.
By using our Site or Hello Lamp Post! you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use our Site or Hello Lamp Post!
If you have any questions about these Terms please contact us at email@example.com
Your Acceptance of These Terms
These terms apply to:
- any individuals who visits or use this Site (Visitors);
- any individuals who use Hello Lamp Post! (Players);
We may revise and update these Terms at any time and will indicate at the top of the page when these Terms were last revised. Please periodically review the Terms as your continued use of the Site and Hello Lamp Post! indicates your agreement to any changes that we make.
- In the Terms “Content” includes all text and other material sent to us by you while using Hello Lamp Post! or the Site.
Accessing our Site And Hello Lamp Post
- Access to our Site and Hello Lamp Post! is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to our Site or Hello Lamp Post! without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Site or Hello Lamp Post! is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We reserve the right at any time to refuse, block, terminate or restrict your access to the Site or Hello Lamp Post!, however we will only generally do so where we believe that you have breached the Terms. We are under no obligation to re-grant you access to the Site or Hello Lamp Post! and these Terms will remain in effect. We are entitled to delete or block the Content you have sent to us while using Hello Lamp Post! [or posted within the Site].
- We reserve the right to delete all information relating to you and all Content sent to us by you while using Hello Lamp Post! [or posted to the Site] if you do not use the Site or Hello Lamp Post! for more than two (2) months.
Your Responsibility to Provide Accurate Information
- Where we expressly request any personal information from you on the Site, as part of Hello Lamp Post! or otherwise, you must tell us promptly about any changes to the information that you have provided to us. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Posted By You
- You alone are responsible for the content, accuracy and suitability of any Content sent to us while using Hello Lamp Post! [or posted in the Site] by you, and for the consequences of posting Content. We will not be responsible for or liable to you or any third party for any Content posted by you or any other Players.
- You must ensure that the Content posted or shared by you does not violate our Code of Conduct. [When you send [or post] Content we may require you to provide a confirmation that the Content does not violate Our Code of Conduct below.
- You are only permitted to send us [or post] Content that you have created or which you have permission to send [or post]. You confirm to us that you own the Content sent [or posted] by you or otherwise you have all necessary rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights) and consents to distribute and publish the Content and to allow us and other Players to publish and use the Content in the manner set out in these Terms and/or as part of Hello Lamp Post!.
- You agree to make your Content available to us and other Players and Visitors in the manner envisaged by these Terms without payment or other compensation to you.
- We are not liable to you or any third party for any loss of or corruption or damage to Content.
Our Rights To Use Content Posted By You
- By submitting Content to us while using Hello Lamp Post! [or in the Site], you give us a royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive right and licence for the full duration of your legal rights arising in the Content to:
- make copies of and use the Content to facilitate the hosting and availability of the Content for other Players and Visitors and generally to operate the Site and Hello Lamp Post! in the manner envisaged by these Terms;
- make copies of and use the Content in audio and/or image galleries on the Site;
- move or copy Content to the homepage or other pages of the Site, highlight Content and/or enable Players to comment or rate Content;
- send the Content to other Players and Visitors;
- copy, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform, display and otherwise use on the Site and in any other marketing, promotion or publicity media on or off line (including, but not limited to, trade and other press) images, videos, comments, shares, ratings and articles forming part of the Content and/or to incorporate the Content into any other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed; and
- use, modify, delete from or add to Content for any purpose in connection with the Site, Hello Lamp Post! or otherwise as envisaged by these Terms. The rights of other Players to use Content posted by you 1.13 By submitting Content to us while using Hello Lamp Post! [or in the Site], you give to all other Players a royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive licence for the full duration of your legal rights to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display Content for any purpose in connection with the Site or Hello Lamp Post!.
Content That Is Highlighted By Us On The Site, Star Ratings, Likes and Dislikes and Comments
- From time to time, we may highlight Content by, for example, profiling Content on the home page of the Site. When doing so, it is not feasible for us to check or approve every aspect of that Content.
- On the Site, Players may have the facility to apply star ratings to Content and indicate using icons made available in the Site whether they like or dislike Content. These are preferences applied by Players and are not applied by us. We are not required to check or approve Content before allowing Players to apply star ratings or likes and dislikes.
- Accordingly, we will not take any additional responsibility for Content that is highlighted by us or that is tagged by Players using star ratings or likes and dislikes. It remains your responsibility to ensure that the Content you have submitted complies with the Terms. We will have no liability in that regard.
- We also have no liability for any opinions expressed by Players on other Players’ Content, whether via star ratings, likes, dislikes, comments or otherwise and we are not required to remove any star ratings, likes, dislikes, comments or other opinions on your Content with which you do not agree.
- The highlighting of any Content by us and the application of star ratings, likes or dislikes, comments by Players shall not imply any endorsement of that Content by us or any association with us [or any of our group companies].
Code Of Conduct
- You are responsible for your activities in the Site and while using Hello Lamp Post! and for any Content that you send us while using Hello Lamp Post! [or post in the Site]. In return for being allowed to use the Site and Hello Lamp Post!, you agree to comply with this code of conduct (Code of Conduct) which governs the way in which you may use the Site and Hello Lamp Post! and interact with other Players and send [or post] Content to us [or in the Site].
- The Site is designed to build a community of interest and provide a facility for individuals to share opinions in a constructive and respectful way. You must respect the other participants in this community when posting Content. You are expected to conduct yourself in an appropriate way that encourages diversity, inclusion and co-operation.
- In particular You agree that:
- While using the Site or Hello Lamp Post!, you must not send us [or post] Content that in our opinion:
- promotes the consumption of any illegal drugs or other substances;
- promotes gambling;
- is obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit;
- depicts graphic or gratuitous violence;
- makes threats of any kind or that intimidates, harasses, or bullies anyone;
- promotes, facilitates or organises any civil disturbance or riot;
- is derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- breaches any advertising regulations or codes of conduct;
- fails to comply with all applicable laws or puts us in breach of any applicable law;
- is unlawful, infringing, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- encourages conduct that would violate or violates any law or advocates illegal activity;
- harms anyone, including minors;
- advertises or solicits business for any of our competitors;
- promotes the excessive consumption of alcohol or the consumption of any alcohol or drugs whilst driving;
- promotes reckless or dangerous driving or the infringement of any road traffic or other laws;
- promotes fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading insurance claims;
- promotes propaganda and/or symbols of organisations that are unconstitutional or illegal in the UK or any country in which this Site may be accessed; or
- provides a link to any of the above.
- When using the Site, Hello Lamp Post! or any other facilities available through the Site, you must not:
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18;
- post any Content relating to another person without that person’s consent;
- post any Content where the subject matter of the Content includes any individuals under the age or 18 or other vulnerable individual without obtaining the consent of the applicable parent or guardian;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information from other Players or Visitors for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- use this Site or Hello Lamp Post! in any unlawful manner or in any way that could damage, disable, overburden or impair this Site or Hello Lamp Post!;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with this Site or Hello Lamp Post!;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent yourself in any way;
- use or attempt to use another person’s details or create a false identity on this Site or Hello Lamp Post!;
- abuse, threaten, intimidate or harass anybody;
- engage in any predatory or stalking conduct;
- use this Site or Hello Lamp Post! for any illegal or unauthorised purpose; or
- circumvent or modify, or attempt to circumvent or modify, any security technology or software that is part of this Site or Hello Lamp Post!.