South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
As a fire service covering a large geographic region, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue (SYF&R) has the constant challenge of keeping its community safe, educating people on fire risks and responding to public queries. Our deployment with SYF&R provides a digital home safety check for its community, helping to automate checks for staff and adding an extra layer of support for the public.
Checks cover the principles of fire safety and help households evaluate whether an in-person safety check is necessary. Users were asked questions about smoke alarms, heaters and kitchen appliances to assess risk. We also deployed a chat widget on their website, designed to reduce staff time spent responding to frequent questions.
- Improve home fire safety across South Yorkshire by improving risk awareness
- Reduce staff time spent on responding to public queries
- A community awareness campaign, including direct mail and social media
- SYF&R have been able to safety check an additional 500 households using Hello Lamp Post
- 150+ at-risk households have been identified through our platform and received a visit from a Home Safety Officer
- Saved 371 days of staff time spent responding to common queries
- Improved SYF&R’s relationship with their local community – members of the public are more supported