The City of Independence has previously struggled to gather feedback from its citizens. In order to map out a path to future prosperity, it was important that Independence’s authorities were able to widen participation amongst its diverse population and find out exactly what their residents’ opinions, stories and priorities were.
- Communicate the City’s 2040 vision to its community
- Increase public participation in its consultation and engagement process
- Identify what improvements residents would like to see in Independence
- Increased engagement compared with traditional tactics
- Collected feedback on several elements of daily life for Independence residents
- Insights highlighted a desire to see improvements made to City infrastructure, green spaces and leisure areas